1. Send recognition to a variety of employees, not just the most visible ones. When you make sure everyone who is doing great work is recognized, you help create a happy, healthy, and cooperative work environment.
Read more about how recognizing and treating all employees as essential boosts happiness and employee retention on our blog.
2. Make your recognition more authentic by personalizing it with your own message! Showing appreciation with a genuine note is a great way to develop and strengthen trusting workplace bonds.
It’s easy to do: In the giving form, simply go to the message box and type in a custom note.
Bonus: Read about how CPAP strengthens manager-employee relationships with AnyPerk by making recognition personal and genuine.
3. Send a new employee recognition for their positive contribution to the team soon after they join. This helps set the tone for a happy and healthy manager-employee relationship moving forward. Appreciating new employees also helps newbies assimilate into the workplace culture and learn company values.
Bonus: Read about Lever’s unique approach to integrating employee appreciation into their onboarding program.
4. Send regular recognition to long-term employees to show them you value their work. Rewarding loyal employees for their work is an excellent way to reduce the incredibly high cost of employee churn and encourage employee loyalty.
5. When you give someone recognition, let other teammates know (under “Who else should know”? on the giving form). You can also include your recognition in the weekly “Recognition Roundup” email. Your public praise helps encourage people to recognize each other and inspires people to do their best work!
Read more about how peer-to-peer recognition boosts employee happiness on our blog.
6. Balance individual with group recognition. While sending recognition to a group encourages team pride and positivity, giving to individuals can encourage self-motivation and individual excellence. As with anything in life, a healthy balance is key!
7. Send your employees recognition straight from Gmail using our Chrome Extension. Just hover over a name in an email thread and our giving form will pop up on the side of your screen for super easy giving! Using this method in addition to the website giving form is a great way to increase recognition and reinforce the value of great work.